Monday 12 November 2012

The Quiet American

I've not posted in several days as I've not done much to write about. On Friday evening Jessica and I went to see Skyfall, the new Bond film, which I thought was fantastic. The next day I went swimming and in the evening, the two of us went to a party that was, oddly, a leaving party for friends who are moving to a new flat. They'll be having house-warming parties at the new places once they've settled in, but I think the leaving party was a way for them to clear their fridge before they left. Last night Jessica and I went downtown for drinks (as we are retired and unemployed respectively we can do such things on a Sunday night, even if there's not much going on in town, as we found). Today we went out for tea as Jessica's maid is unwell and god forbid we should try to cook something ourselves. I asked Jessica today if she has an oven in her kitchen and she said she had no idea.

Primarily, though, I have spent the past few days reading and writing in an attempt to catch up with the book reviews I am falling behind on. In this time I have completed one extended book review, of Graham Greene's the Quiet American. I found it challenging to write this review as I was daunted by the huge respect the book and author already command and the amount of writing that has already been dedicated to both. Nonetheless, I really enjoyed both reading the book and writing my own review and have at last got the job done. It was a hard one to start with, but now I am 'over the hump' I hope I can find my next book reviews easier and quicker to complete. My review can be read by following this link. I have also added a 'Reading' tab at the top bar, a page which will contain all of my book reviews as they are completed.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment or ask me a question