Thursday 3 January 2013

New Years Resolutions

It was sad to say goodbye to my dad and sister today as they flew back to the UK. I've had a lovely holiday with them although I now have a lot of work to catch up on! It's amazing to find myself almost half way through my time in Vietnam, already! But heading into the new year, I'm pleased to have a renewed focus on my project. During my time in Cambodia, I made the decision on the theme and focus of the book I will write as the outcome of my Indochina project. I want to write about the social, economic, environmental and perhaps political problems in Cambodia, Laos and Vietnam, discuss their historical origins, and most importantly, give case studies of the people and organizations that are working to combat these problems. I think this would be a good marriage of my interest in history and Jessica's involvement and interest in charity work. And now that I have a clear direction to my project, I hope to progress quickly with my research and writing in the time I have left.

However, I have a few days left with Chris yet which I want to make the most of. We have bus tickets booked to Mui Me, the seaside town I visited on my first weekend, very early tomorrow morning. We will stay until Sunday evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment or ask me a question