Saturday 20 April 2013

Romancing Vietnam

Finally I have come to the end of the book I have been reading, and have completed my first book review in almost a month. In part this delay has been due to my recent travelling; in part it is due to the fact that I really struggled to get through this book, for reasons I have explained in my review of it. Romancing Vietnam is a journal written by Justin Wintle, English writer and journalist, of his travels in Vietnam in late 1989 and early 1990. This is a period of recent Vietnamese history that I knew little about before, and have not covered in my book reviews before now. Please click here to read my review.

It has been an insufferably hot day today- I have known this without having to leave the house, as I was sweating at lunchtime even with a fan blowing into my face. I would have liked to have gone to the outdoor swimming pool but I didn't think it was a good idea, as I have to cycle there and face a good chance of getting sunburn, even after applying suncream. That is the last thing I need, as I am going out this evening and my fair hair doesn't suit a red face. The heat has forced me to stay inside and do work on a Saturday. But at least I can enjoy myself tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment or ask me a question