Tuesday 19 February 2013

Goodbye Lil


Today has been Lily's last day of her five weeks of travels in Asia, and she has been dreading it. I'm very glad that she's enjoyed herself and made the most out of her trip. It's been lovely having her here. She was not to leave until the evening so we could at least make the most of her last day. We started early with a morning yoga class, which we both found very hard work. And as a consequence I have a sore neck and back from attempting to balance on my head. In the afternoon we went to the outdoor pool so Lily could soak up the last of the Eastern sun before her return to wintery England. Finally, we met up with Jessica who took us out for a very nice last meal in town. Thuy was sad to see Lily go as we loaded her up like a packhorse with her rucksack and the additional bag she bought to accommodate all her souvenirs. I'd become very used to having Lily around after so long and it's sad to say goodbye to my best friend for another three months. But I know there are a lot of people at home who can't wait to have her back.

A very happy Jessica with her soufflé

Ta-ta Lily

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment or ask me a question