Saturday 23 February 2013

Zumba

I've been having some lazy days since Lily left on Tuesday. There isn't much on my schedule for the next month; my next landmark to look forward to is a visit from my mum at the end of March. To fill my time and keep myself sane while I plough on through my project work I've been really getting into my Zumba classes and have made some good new friends through it. Last night we had a Zumba 'party' at the Tavern bar in Phu My Hung. A live band had been put on and our class of Zumba girls performed a couple of dances during the band's break. A few of the dances were ones I'd never done before and had to try to follow on the spot. It was all good fun. Today some of us met up for dinner and drinks in  Phu My Hung. Some were more suffering more than others from the night before. I was also lucky enough to get some tips from Emma and Michelle, both teachers, on how to keep my children engaged entertained when I begin my volunteering at the Anh Linh school on Tuesday. Michelle told me how to dye rice different colours and where to find the best craft supplies in Ho Chi Minh City (district 5, near the market), whilst Emma demonstrated her scary teacher face. I never thought I'd become involved in something like Zumba but it's become a fairly big part of my life in recent weeks and I'm really enjoying it.


L-R: Amanda, me, Gretchen, Ly, Nguyen, Thuy, Nga, Emma, Katalin (our teacher)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment or ask me a question